Page last updated January 26, 2021.
Every page from a total of 29 Rowe DeArmond catalogs is shown here. The earliest is dated 1941 and the last is dated 1984. There are other catalogs yet to be located and any such contributions will be gratefully acknowledged. Where a catalog was updated, every update known is also shown.
The earliest promotional literature consisted of fold-in leaflets, small enough (approx. 3.5″ x 6.25″/90 x 160mm.) to fit within the product’s packaging. In about 1961, partly to accommodate the increasing product range, the company changed the catalog format to a 12″ x 9″ stapled, with between four and eight pages – with a few exceptions.
DeArmond catalogs were distributed through a number of musical instrument companies such as St. Louis Music Supply, C. Bruno & Son Inc., Maxwell Meyers Inc., Southland and others. These catalogs were, along with those of other musical instrument suppliers, bound together to create one composite catalog.
Some suppliers’ catalogs and leaflets were printed specially for this purpose, numbered sequentially and sometimes with different (non-DeArmond) individual model numbers and cut in different sizes, to suit the ‘Parent’ catalog.
DeArmond’s own catalogs are presented in date order as much as possible, with the year of issue shown, where known. Dates shown marked * are estimated. Successive versions of some early fold-outs, including the 1948 Green and the 1955 Red, were reprinted to show price changes – some items’ prices being increased, while others were reduced. This is one of a number of reasons for difficulties in precisely dating some of the catalogs shown.
Steve Tosh joined DeArmond in 1975, eventually becoming CEO of the music products part of the company. During his time with the company, he was responsible for the design and introduction of a number of new products and for updating other existing products. The following catalogs show some products as produced by his company which he established after the demise of DeArmond. Some of these products were originally manufactured by DeArmond and are shown in the Amplifiers page of this site.