Hofner (1)

The company was founded in 1887 by Karl Hofner in Schonbach, Germany, building top quality violins, cellos and basses.

In addition to fitting German pickups manufactured by Franz, Fuma, Schaller and others, they also factory-fitted some instruments with DeArmond pickups as an option.

The Hofner Ambassador archtop electric guitar was available with the option of two Model 2000 pickups in chrome with black coil formers.

The Verithin archtop electric guitar was available with the option of two un-numbered DeArmond pickups shown here, as used in the three-pickup Harmony guitar models H75 and H77.

The Hofner Ambassador, 1965, with two DeArmond Model 2000 pickups